August 21, 2019 Nate Bevers
Dodging A Stalemate
Stalemate: A situation in which further action is blocked; a deadlock.
Stalemate is a commonly known term in the game of chess. In it, all the pieces – pawns, rooks, bishops, knights, kings and queens – are frozen, questioning if there is another move to be made, what direction to go and how to escape defeat.
This same circumstance is what many organizations face as they look to progress and grow, strategically trying to move closer to victory. At Excellerate, our three key areas of focus to evade a dreaded stalemate are products, process and most importantly, people. We’ve redefined these terms to plan our next moves to succeed.
- Definition: An article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale.
- Redefinition: Value-added innovation based on the voice of the customer.
Pushing the limits of innovation creates products that can disrupt an entire industry. By focusing on the customer’s needs, we provide new solutions that increase safety and productivity on the job site, as well as improve quality, giving our customers the maximum value.
- Definition: A series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
- Redefinition: Focus on continuously improving the safety, quality and productivity of product creation to drive value for customers.
The number one priority at our facilities and jobsites is to focus on keeping workers safe. When we keep safety at the front of our minds, while building in tools to ensure quality and strategies to improve processes, we find ourselves providing additional value to customers at lower price points and reduced lead times.
- Definition: Human beings in general or considered collectively.
- Redefinition: Individual or collective team assets that define culture with the customer in mind.
People are an organization’s greatest asset. At Excellerate, we instill a culture focused on safety because we care about our teammates. Leaders at all levels teach, encourage, thank and support our people, because that is what teamwork is about. When people believe in the greater goal, it’s amazing what an organization can accomplish.
When we focus on these three P’s we end up with a fourth… Possibility. Every day we redefine what’s possible as an organization. By doing so, we continue to control our destiny and dodge a stalemate.