May 13, 2020 Nicolette Haen
Improving the Employee Experience
Core to Excellerate’s strategy is to continuously improve the employee experience. As a part of that strategy, we will be rolling out a human capital management (HCM) system. HCM systems integrate talent (HR) activities onto a single platform, one webpage, for a one-stop shop for all talent-related functions. Some of the items our employees will have at their fingertips with this new system are:
- Request Paid Time Off (PTO) and review balances
- View organizational charts and employee directory
- View/update personal information
- Greater visibility to open positions and career opportunities
- Opportunity to refer a candidate
- Easy visibility of paystubs and tax withholdings
- Benefit information and open enrollment details
- Feedback and performance management
The addition of an HCM system will give our employees an enhanced ability to map out their career at Excellerate. They will have the ability to add career goals, request and give feedback, create job alerts for jobs/departments they are interested in and easily browse our internal openings. Managers will also be able to easily see the career goals of their teams, assisting in their team members’ development. This new, modernized system will improve the employee experience by incorporating an all-in-one talent platform that’s desktop and mobile browser compatible. It will also feature robust self-service for employees and managers to request and respond to inquiries, featuring real-time data.
As Excellerate continues to grow, our Talent team will continue to develop strategies and implement processes to improve the employee experience. Continuous improvement is core to our organization. What are you doing or have you done at your organization to improve the employee experience?