November 23, 2022 Brittany Kempen
Interviewing for Culture; Onboarding for Success!
In the manufacturing industry, the majority of the most common tasks can be taught and learned. However, things like honesty, initiative, safety and caring for others are traits that are instilled in us from a young age and are often not teachable to adults. These are the things we look for the most when recruiting people to join our team.
Excellerate is a growing division within FTI, with job openings today and anticipated substantial growth in the coming year. We have an arsenal of resources for training, including QuickStart, a 3-week training program for new hires and leadership trainings, along with career mentoring. What we cannot easily teach are the intangibles, the things that matter most, so that’s what we look for in candidates! FTI’s core values include a focus on safety, building trust, redefining what is possible and overall team success.
If you enjoy working with your hands, are good at math, enjoyed your shop class in high school, are rejoining the workforce or simply enjoy a good challenge, a position at Excellerate might be the perfect fit for you!
The application process is easy. Here are some common steps to the application/interview process:
- Apply online at our FTI Careers website or through career sites where our jobs are posted.
- You will be contacted by a talent acquisition team member. Watch your email!
- We’ll schedule a 15-minute phone call with you to gather information and to share what Excellerate has to offer.
- Interview! This a 20-40 minute video call or in-person meeting with team members who work directly with the particular role to learn more about you, explain the role more in-depth and ensure the culture fit is right.
- Depending on the role, a second interview may be requested, or you may be invited to a walk-through of an Excellerate location.
- Fingers crossed – next should come the offer! A talent acquisition team member will give you a call and walk you through the offer and then send it to you via email to review.
Of course, each role is unique; these steps may differ depending on the position.
Once you have accepted an offer to join the FTI Excellerate team, you will receive an email to complete a background check and required safety course (based on role). Your first day on the job will be a virtual orientation, or the start of the 3-week QuickStart program.
Faith Technologies University’s QuickStart program is designed to welcome and challenge you, and enable you to build lasting friendships with new team members. It focuses on understanding FTI as a whole, introduces the inner workings of the company and provides everything you need to succeed on a job site or manufacturing plant. Currently, QuickStart programs are held in Kansas, Wisconsin and Georgia. (Travel is paid for or reimbursed by FTI.)
FTI’s mentoring programs include the A.C.E. (advocate, counsel, encourage) program for new team members who were referred by existing team members. This mentorship program was created to ensure that team members have multiple resources for asking questions and assistance with growth on the multiple career paths we have available.
Our Culture of Care program helps support the well-being of our team members and encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work – mind, body and soul. This includes 2 hours of paid time off each month to recharge!
Excellerate is expanding, and we have great career opportunities available. If you are looking for a place to grow within your career, please check out our website to learn more about our organization!
Interested in learning more? Check out our other articles and subscribe to be the first to know about future Excellerate blog articles.